Monday, August 10, 2009

Is a Camel Better Than a Reptile?

Matt has warned me that part of having a son means eventually owning more pets. He's not referring to a cat or goldfish, but rather a rodent or a reptile. I will fight this battle when the time comes, because right now it seems Braden is more interested in a different kind of pet. He asked me if we can get a camel. Naturally, I was perplexed by this request, however, Braden offered a logical explanation. He explained that it's very hot where we live and camels like the sun. The camel could live in our backyard and watch over the dogs because he'll be so much bigger than they are. He wouldn't drink very much, but if he gets thirsty, he can just drink out of the pool. Braden could ride the camel with the people in our neighborhood who ride horses. I was impressed with his sales pitch, but I had to disappoint him by letting him know that the pet store doesn't sell camels. He was content with my response!

It doesn't take much to please this little guy. He was happy with a bag of animal crackers which happened to contain some camels.
Braden devoured the animal crackers and told me he loves his dogs so much that he doesn't want a camel anymore. Wish every whim he has was this short-lived!

No comments: