Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Advice Column

Braden enlightened me today when he commented on the fact that I always say, "Hurry up. We are running late!" Whether it be to work, school, or church, we always seem to be rushing. Most of the time, Braden isn't the one who creates this last minute stress. But somehow even a 3-year-old can sense that everyday life seems to be less peaceful than it should be.
As Braden was winding down for bedtime, I noted a few things that he does naturally everyday...and so should we!
Life Lessons from a 3-year-old...
Lesson 1--Relax!!....While chilling out on his lion rug, Braden put on part of his lion costume from Halloween 2 years ago.
Lesson 2--Have Fun!....Braden found his Foster Farms chicken costume that he wore as a baby. He ran around the house clucking and waving his arms...he was supposed to be settling down for bed, but he got sidetracked for a little while.
Lesson 3--Be Happy!...Braden's smile is enough to brighten up my day, even on the most stressful occasions.

2 comments:

the nelson fam said...

I love those pics! What a happy little guy!

Matt and Tiana said...

This little guy helped me re-examine my priorities today.