Sunday, June 27, 2010

Preschool for Grown-Ups

Braden was terribly disappointed at school one day recently because he didn't get a lollipop. He went on to explain that the good kids get a treat, but the kids who get in trouble don't get one. Apparently he put the sheet over his head at naptime and howled like a ghost to scare the girls with one of his buddies. Personally, I thought this was funny, but apparently the teacher didn't.....
Anyway, this brought up another topic that I thought was interesting. Braden asked if I got a lollipop at work when I do a good job. He was puzzled when I told him that I don't get treats even when I work really, really hard and do a really good job. This conversation reminded me of a few things Braden has said recently that were humorous, but had some truth to them as well. Braden mentioned that I shouldn't wear tall shoes (high heels) to work because I can't run very fast in them. He wanted to know if I take my shoes off at playtime at my job. He also wanted to know how Daddy and I take a nap at work. He couldn't understand how we could fit our "big bodies" on the little mattress like the one he uses at preschool. Treats, playtime and naptime would make our jobs much more enjoyable. Maybe Braden will run a company one day where he can incorporate these ideas!

Ranch dressing makes everything edible...even broccoli!

No comments: