Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Blame Game

Braden has started talking quite a bit lately. Sometimes he'll surprise us with full sentences. It's fun to hear the things he comes up with. Sometimes he'll say words or phrases that we have no idea where he learned them! It's pretty amazing how clever a 2-year-old can be.
He's gotten quite good at the blame game. Sometimes when I ask him who made the mess in his room, he replies, "Pepper did it" or "Papa is messy." When he's given up on blaming others for his actions, he simply pleads innocence. "I don't know" is one of Braden's favorite lines. This is the response given whenever he is too lazy to come up with the right answer. For example, I asked Braden who spilled the dog food all over the pantry and I got the innocent stare with the "I don't know" response. Before we know it, his teachers will be telling us that Braden claimed his dog ate his homework!

No comments: