Saturday, April 11, 2009

Drumroll Please....



Becoming potty trained is one of those milestones that is more exciting for parents than it is for the child. Case and point....Braden has been doing a great job using the potty for a while now, but we decided to transition him from pull-ups to big-boy underwear a few weeks ago. I thought picking out underwear at the store would be fun for Braden, but he really couldn't care less if he got Thomas the Train or Diego underpants. I also thought he'd be excited to tell everyone about his big accomplishment. I told him to announce it to one of the high school girls we know at church, and he just gave me the look like he was extremely embarrassed that I'd even suggest such a thing. Strangely enough, he's pretty much been treating this big step like it's no big deal. He now asks for "privacy," shuts the door and insists he doesn't need my help. I feel like I'm dealing with a teenager....Nevertheless, we are proud of our big boy!

Braden was very distracted by the TV in this video, but I figured he wouldn't otherwise be inclined to talk about wearing "chonies." Apparently that's what 2-year-olds refer to as underwear these days!

2 comments:

sroth said...

HOOOORAY for Braden...he's just so adorable and happy...I love it. Can we please get together? Maybe Jackson will catch on to the notion of potty training :)...miss you.

Maria and Billy said...

That's too funny! :)