Sunday, May 10, 2009

Nothing Better Than Being a Mama

Mother's Day is a wonderful reminder of all the great moms in our lives. We are so thankful to our mothers, grandma, and all our aunts and friends who are moms. I am definitely a very blessed mom and love being a mommy to Braden.

Braden's preschool hosted a lovely Mother's Day celebration complete with breakfast and activities. Braden made a charm bracelet and a frame for me. He also gave me a hand massage.....until he realized that if he squeezed the bottle really hard, lotion could be launched across the room! I attempted to take pictures during some of the festivities, but Braden kept telling me not to take pictures. He seemed very embarrassed every time I pulled the camera out! With no classmates in sight, we were able to snap just one picture!
This picture certainly doesn't do this beautiful bouquet of flowers justice. This was just one of my gifts from my two favorite guys, Braden and Matt.
Grandma Judy visited for Mother's Day. Here's one way to get Braden to smile!
I can't imagine a better Mother's Day gift than this sweet little boy.
Braden had lots of fun with Grandma Judy!
I just cracked up at the little jig he did after making a good shot!
We pumped up the tunes and let Braden burn off a bit of energy "dancing" in the family room. He definitely created a new version of the popular 80's dance move, the "running man."
Grandma's style of dancing didn't last long with Braden....too slow paced!
After a busy day, Braden got cozy in Grandma's bed....so difficult to resist this face!
According to my mom, all her kids read by the time they were around Braden's age. She also claims were potty-trained by 18 months and were perfectly behaved. I don't think she recalls the details since she hasn't had a toddler for about 30 years! Nevertheless, she thought she'd teach Braden to read in one evening by starting with a third-grade level book about Babe Ruth.
My other babies....
I haven't been able to get this song out of my head since the kids at Braden's preschool sang it to all the moms in honor of Mother's Day. Then it was performed by a mother and daughter at church this morning, so the tears started flowing again. This is definitely more touching when the song is actually heard, but I printed the lyrics here since I figured especially those with young children, or really children of any age, might appreciate it....


By Mary Rice Hopkins
When you find my little fingerprints
All over your bedroom walls
And when you want to yell a bit
Cause they’re even in the halls
Well I know it’s hard to believe
You were a kid like me
And one day I’m gonna grow up
So remember me while I am small
I get in the way a lot of the time
Though I’m only three feet tall
I make you forget what’s on your mind
And you trip over my toys and fall
Well I know it’s hard to believe
But you were a kid like me
And one day I’m gonna grow up
So remember me while I am small
I heard that where your treasure is
That’s where your heart will be
I don’t know much about hearts and things
But I’m glad you treasure me
I’m gonna make great fingerprints
But I promise not on your wall
I’m gonna touch those around me
Even though I’m only three feet tall
Well I know it’s hard to believe
But you were a kid like me
And one day I’m gonna grow up
So remember me while I am small
And some day I’m gonna grow up
So remember me while I am small.

1 comment:

The Files Family said...

We have my kinders sing that song for Mothers Day and it is definitely a tear jerker!

We miss you guys!